So you need a little help updating your current version of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne?
It’s simple, once you have learned it. That’s why we are here to help. When ever a new WVS Patch is released, you can update using the TFT Version Switcher. The great thing about using the WVS version switcher is that you can switch between all the versions available.
Why would I choose to switch back to an older version? Well you may find that the current version does not support your favorite hack or tool or map and you want to be able to use them right?
That’s why this tool is so useful, making it easy to switch back and forth between different versions. So what do you have to do?
- Make sure that you have the WVS version switcher (you can download it below directly from our site).
- Extract the WVS Version Switcher file into your Warcraft III Root folder.
- After extracting the WVS file into your Warcraft root folder, you will then have a WVS folder with the file “WVS.exe” inside it.
- Download the TFT version file you wish to switch to. The format is TFT version x.xxx.zip where x.xxx is the version (i.e. TFT version 1.26a.zip). You may want to download the file directly into the WVS folder (you can do this by simply choosing “save as…” and browsing to the correct folder on your computer, saving you the step of copying or moving the file again) or you can download it to another location and move or copy it to the WVS folder once you finish downloading, your choice.
- Do not extract the TFT version file because the WVS version switcher is already programmed to look for the zip file.
- Run “WVS.exe” (if the program can’t find your Warcraft III folder, then browse to it).
- Choose the switch version button and double click the version you want to use.
- If you want to switch to a different version, you can run steps 5 through 7 each time (once you download the TFT version file into the WVS folder, it will be available to you later, unless you delete it, making it easy to switch between different versions using steps 5 through 7).
- That’s it – you are ready to play a different version of Warcraft III: The Frozen Thrown. Go out there and enjoy!